Maximize Visibility! Maximize conversion rate! Maximize customer satisfaction! – Brrr. I feel dirty now. But if you’ve read the previous few posts, you know that life on the AppStore is a battle. So this is a pretty important decision!
Pro In App Purchases:
Better chance of getting into the charts (or higher up in the charts) because each episode bought counts for the same App.Nope, twitter says only initial download counts, IAPs only count towards Top Grossing charts…
- A player can buy the next episode right from inside the game (but then again I could just put a link to the store at the end of the previous episode)
- Less disk space used overall because no duplicate engine code and no duplicate assets are needed.
Pro Separate Apps:
- I could hand out the full 1000 Achievement points for each episode
- More visibility through separate apps that could have slightly different search keywords set
- Better chances of getting reviewed again?
- More satisfying to “collect“
- Less disk-space used if the player decides to just keep one of them around.
- I don’t have to worry about backwards compatibility in my code – if I change something basic I don’t have to test all episodes all over again.
I think I’m sold on making future episodes separate apps. If you think I’m making a terrible mistake tell me right away, because I’ll spend today testing the Achievements for NEW ORBIT Episode 1, testing the Bonus Playground and if all goes well I’ll submit the update to Apple!